The Exciting Life of the Evil Vegan

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hot Fudge Strawberry Parfait

I ended up making that soup, the Roasted Asparagus Soup from FatFreeVegan tonight for dinner. It was delicious! And so pretty!

With a spinach and tomato salad it was fabulous! Since I had gotten in the blending spirit, I decided to keep the VitaMix out and take advantage of the delicious, ripe strawberries I had just purchased. So I made some fresh cashew-vanilla ice cream and layered it with the sliced strawberries and then drizzled some organic hot fudge sauce on top. Mmmm delicious! Recpie as follows:



You need a VitaMix or comparable blender to make this, or an ice cream maker. But VitaMix is much quicker.

1/3 cup cashews
1/2 cup organic raw sugar
1/4 cup soy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups ice cubes
Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
Select Variable 1.
Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
After about 30-60 seconds stop machine. The consistancy should be smooth and creamy. If it's still chunky, use the plunger to make sure the ingrediants are mixing. If too liquidy, add more ice and blend a bit longer. Do not overmix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.

You can layer sliced strawberries and ice cream, then drizzle with hot fudgey goodness. Soooo delicious!

For now I am going to grab myself a cherry slushie and cuddle up with Chris as we watch movies and such. What a wonderful way to end the evening! :) (I can totally have ice cream and a slushie since my throat is still healing from surgery. heh heh heh. it's terrible for me but feels so nice on my throat)

No comments:

Post a Comment